A look back on 2014
Posted on December 31, 2014
So! 2014 has come and gone, and I thought I’d write a quick post about what I accomplished this year, and what’s coming in the next year.
This year, I managed to:
- dabble in some new languages – Go, Scala
- learn a great deal about DevOps and how to run, setup, and scale servers, both in VPCs and otherwise
- mess with some new frameworks – Meteor 1.0, Angular 1.3
- oversee the creation and launch of one of the largest sites I’ve ever worked on
- attend two conferences
So yeah, a pretty solid year. Next year, I’d like to:
- delve deeper into Go and/or Scala
- launch at least one personal project
- dig further into about DevOps and custom implementations of CI/CD
- continue my distaste for Drupal
That’s a start, at least. Happy new year to all!